Inclusive Yoga Props Round 1

Below I've listed some props that I've found helpful in my yoga practice. If you're interested in shopping these items, just click on the image.

Blocks

My go-to prop is the block. I generally use two thick blocks in my practice for everything from support in pyramid pose to support under my thighs in savasana to help relax my lower back.


Strap

Straps are great for the stretching portions of my practice, of course. I like the one below for both the longer eight foot length and the snappy design. I may have to add this to my kit since it matches my yoga towel! Speaking of which...



Towel

I use a yoga towel since I get super sweaty during sun salutation and twists and I want zero chance of slippage. I have the previous iteration of the pattern below and I love it. It's held up for over two years with frequent washing.



Bolster

I have only recently come to recognize the loveliness that is a yoga bolster. I started taking a restorative yoga class last year and this is a very important prop for relaxation and stretching. I sit on it for meditation, use it for savasana under my thighs for relaxation, and as support in twists and stretching. Yoga bolsters have a unique density that allows for long periods of use without completely deflating while offering gentle support. I LOVE bolsters, if you haven't gotten that idea yet. 



These are by no means the only props available but they have been my biggest friends and sources of support in my practice. I hope you find the combination that enables and helps grow your own practice.

-Sue

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern Review: P4P Peg Legs

I am a beautiful, psychedelic mushroom.

A Top I Didn't Know I Needed