The Dress of A Thousand Months

Please pardon the radio silence. Life. You know.

Anyhoots.... I have a dress! A new one to share with you.

I have literally been dreaming about this dress since the spring of 2017. I went back and looked at my records and found that I'd bought the fabric in July of 2017. I cut out the fabric in early December 2018. And finally!! A dress!!

Without further ado...I bring you my blue baby.









This is the Cashmerette Lenox pattern in a straight size 30 DD. Can you tell I was feeling myself today? I took the opportunity of sunshine and a quiet apartment complex to get some fun outside shots. 

The Kaufman ivy blue Oxford cloth is from fabric.com. They seem to be out of the ivy color I used but I linked to the navy which looks just as crisp. I would say this was a great fabric to work with. Given the amount of handling this dress took over the months, it frayed very little and pressed like a dream. It does wrinkle, as you can clearly see, but I think that's part of this fabric's charm. The lining fabric is a quilting cotton I bought from my now defunct local quilting shop. The buttons and interfacing are from Joann's. 

I used the lining on the inside yoke, button bands, waist band, collar band, and under-collar. I also used it for the pocket bags. 

Did I mention pockets? Because pocketzzzzzzzz. 

This dress is hitting all my plus size preppy dreams.  I added a few detail shots below. Wrinkles curtesy of wearing this lovely thing today.



 

 

I am very proud of this dress. It looks the most professionally sewn I've managed to achieve. I've sewn quite a few Cashmerette patterns with collars and this is my best one yet. I used Carrie's point turning method she details in her video for this sew-a-long and I found it really worked a treat for me. I'm just overall so pleased with my garment.

Future adjustments to this pattern might be adding some length to the skirt, especially in the back. I have been very blessed in that area and I need a little extra to come to a truly comfortable length.

I consider myself an advanced beginner and this pattern does challenge me in my skills. I do think the pattern is very well put together and came together better in this rendition than in my first attempt a year ago, partly do to a better fabric choice for beginner skills and more careful attention when I cut it out.

Sunglasses from Amazon (similar)
Shoes are White Mountain


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Top I Didn't Know I Needed

Pattern Review: P4P Peg Legs

I am a beautiful, psychedelic mushroom.