Birthday as a Balsamic Vinegar Reduction

This is post is going to start on a fairly muted note but will end on a high note. I'm turning 34 this week and I'm having some anxiety about it. I've never been one to dread turning older. Usually, I've been excited to get older because it meant I could begin to do things that felt exciting or rewarding. This year feels different. Frankly, this year feels like an afterthought. Some plans for my birthday fell through a couple weeks ago. I have some vague plans to go out to eat with my husband and a friend, but that's about it. I'm pleased to have a night out, but I'm not jazzed. I'm just feeling blah and unsurprised by it and I'm ready to just be 34 already. Ok. I've admitted to some feelings of disappointment and pettiness. I have them. I acknowledge them. And I'm moving on.

I do have some exciting news- I completed my community service hours and I have my Yogafit Level I certificate! I actually got it right at the end of June. Although I gave myself till the end of summer to complete my hours, I finished early. To be frank, I'm really proud of myself. I never expected to be doing the things I'm doing. I feel really great about where I am emotionally and physically. (Which is why the feelings about my birthday have thrown me for a loop. BUT MOVING ON.)

So. Good, positive things are happening. Complex emotions keep life rich and interesting. (Like a , you guessed it, balsamic vinegar reduction. Get it?) And I get to hang out with my honey bunny and a good friend for my birthday. Life could be much, much worse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Top I Didn't Know I Needed

Pattern Review: P4P Peg Legs

I am a beautiful, psychedelic mushroom.