Monday Meditation


I'd like to start a new occasional series called Monday Meditation. The goal is a short little reflection on how meditation has affected various areas of my life. I'd like to start with strained family relationships.

There are portions of my family that experienced a rift a number of years ago. Slowly, those relationships have been healing. 

For my part, I was kind of stuck in the middle and didn't really have the coping skills to deal with all the parties involved. 

Since I started meditating in 2017, my perception of those relationships has changed. Because meditation gives me tools to help guide my thoughts and gentleness towards my thoughts, those same tools have helped me both become more understanding of my family and establish better boundaries. 

I notice I'm better able to interact with these family members with patience and empathy. These relationships still have room for lots of positive growth, but I know I'll be ready for those changes.

Have you meditated? If so, have you experienced any changes in your family relationships? I'd love to hear from you!

-Sue

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern Review: P4P Peg Legs

I am a beautiful, psychedelic mushroom.

Yogafit Level 1 Training...As A Fat Girl Part 1