Under the Weather


Isn't it always the way? It's spring break this week and, of course, I've come down with a cold. Or maybe a sinus infection. Or just a bad case of hay fever? Stuff has started to bloom here in Alabama so...ya know...snot.

My plans for the week involved sewing, sewing, and sewing. There may be a little more curling up on the couch than anticipated. I can barely breathe upright much less bent over my cutting table.

Cashmerette Cedar Dolman Top
This past week, I spent some time exploring the Cashmerette Cedar Dolman Top. Ultimately, it was a wadder. I just don't think dolman sleeves are for me. Certainly not with the jewel neckline. I found it unflattering for my body type but the pattern itself went together quite easily. It's such a cute top and I was hoping to sew it up in some lovely linen from Fabricmart for the summer. I used a cotton/silk mix I bought at a local shop that went out of business as a hopeful wearable muslin but no joy.

I have plans to use the tank version of this top for a new set of activewear. I think it will fit much better since it has princess seams and no extra fabric across the bust and upper arm.

Cashmerette Concord Tee

On my cutting table at the moment is a tunic version of the Concord Tee, also from Cashmerette. I've got a cute blue/white stripe ity from Fabricmart for a little nautical feel.

Hopefully, I'll have some projects to show by the end of the week.

Till then!
-Sue

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern Review: P4P Peg Legs

I am a beautiful, psychedelic mushroom.

Yogafit Level 1 Training...As A Fat Girl Part 1